About Westcoast Family Centres
Westcoast Family Centres Society (WFC) is a multi-service community-based non-profit organization that works closely with the public sector and community partners to deliver strength-based services and programs to vulnerable children and families in the Lower Mainland. Our mission is to strengthen and develop healthy relationships between children, their families, and their communities. We have been recognized as being one of the first BC agencies to become accredited by the Council On Accreditation (COA).
Why work for WFC?
Be part of a grass root community-based agency committed to the developing and strengthening our community together. As a WFC employee, you will benefit from:
Making a difference in your local community
A chance to do meaningful work with a committed team of professionals
Competitive wages and comprehensive benefits package
Professional development and growth opportunities
WFC is seeking an ambitious, organized, adaptive developmental leader who fosters and establishes positive relationships with various stakeholders. You have a passion for providing quality service and programs to children, youth, and families facing various barriers and challenges. As a Team Leader, you will be responsible for the management, quality, and supervision of the Supervised Access and Associated Services program. As a member of the leadership team, you will provide leadership and supervision; case management support and review; participation in strategic program planning and development; financial management of the program; and fostering relationships with funders, partnered agencies, and the larger community.
As Team Leader you will:
- Provide developmental leadership, supervision, evaluation, and support of the growing Supervised Access and Associated Services programs
- Demonstrate timely and efficient case management and reporting; meeting agency quality standards
- Conduct client and stakeholder feedback to ensure consistent quality of service
- Foster and maintain a strong and supportive team environment
- In collaboration with HR, conduct the screening, hiring, and orientation of new employees
- Develop and maintain relationships with funders and community partners
- Participate in the financial management of programs and services
- In collaboration with the Finance Department participate in budget management practices
- Provide critical support during incidents and crisis situations
- Ensure compliance with legislation and regulation for both work environment and practice
- Ensure the highest professional standards of ethics and confidentiality
- Other duties as required
What you bring to WFC:
- Passion for family and child development, child and youth mental health, and social justice
University Degree in Child and Youth Care, Social Work or a related discipline (Master's preferred)
Minimum 5 years recent related experience including staff supervision
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the not-for-profit or community organization
Experience in family preservation services
Experience working in a unionized environment
Family-friendly culture and environment.
May be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
Salaried position includes duties outside of regular work hours.
Current First Aid, Class 5 Driver’s License and use of a reliable vehicle
Maintain current First Aid and Non-Violent crisis intervention certificate.
Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- This position is non-union.
How to Apply:
Apply directly through our WFC website or email your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Heading: Team Leader – Supervised Access and Associated Services (Vancouver) : 2018-71
Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications must be legally eligible to work in Canada.