The Administrative Coordinator is an organized, people person responsible for the efficient operations of WFC Vancouver office. This includes oversight and coordination of activities including reception, staff support, and other administrative duties. As the front face of the agency you will work with diverse population of staff, community partners and clients.
- 35 Hours Permanent Full Time
About Westcoast Family Centres
Westcoast Family Centres Society (WFC) is a multi-service community-based non-profit organization delivering child-centered, evidence-based programs and services to children and families in the Lower Mainland. Our mission is to strengthen and develop healthy relationships between children, their families, and their communities. Our programs and services aim to address the unique and varied challenges faced by vulnerable families. Joining the WFC team is an opportunity to be a part of a team where your skills and knowledge will make a positive impact in the lives of children and families.
The Administrative Coordinator will:
- Provide direct administrative and office management support
- Refer and/or redirect calls, e-mails, or visitors as required.
- Manage incoming and outgoing courier and mail
- Manage office supplies inventory, office furniture and other equipment
- Assist in the management of building security, such as the assignment of keys and alarm codes for approved personnel
- Manage janitorial, cleaning, repair, and maintenance service provider contracts and service level agreements
- Ensure the office facilities are in compliance with safety regulations
- Prepare draft reports, statistics, background documentation, and research
- Bookkeeping and record keeping, including entering, balancing and reconciling the petty cash, bank account, and accounting records; maintains and updates staff expenditures.
- Oversee client file maintenance.
- Prepare reports to funders as required: month end statistics and annual reporting.
- Provide word processing support such as routine correspondence, minutes of meetings, form creation and updating, reports, client lists and other work as required.
- Input new referrals into the client file management system.
- Ensure new client files are set up and update client filing system as needed; track the storage of closed client files.
- Ensure all office equipment is in good working order: computers, printers, copiers, facsimile machines, telephone system, monitoring/alarm system.
- Assist in booking agency vehicles, regular maintenance and emergency repairs.
- Assist Information Technology department with in-office technological issues
- Disseminate information to the general public and collaterals, and know when to channel enquiries or information to Team Leader or program staff.
- Assist with orienting new staff/visitors to the agency space, including building practices and procedures as required.
Manage the front reception including directing calls and visitors to appropriate staff members and managing room booking system.
What you bring to WFC
- Grade 12, plus completion of a program of up to one (1) year certification in business or office administration
- Four (4) years recent related experience
- Knowledge of web-based, word processing, and computer programs relevant to the program and to the agency
- Family-friendly culture and environment.
- Maintain current First Aid certificate
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Satisfactory Criminal Record and Drivers Abstract
- This position requires union membership
Why work for WFC
Be part of a grass root community-based agency committed to the developing and strengthening our community together. As a WFC employee, you will benefit from:
- Family-friendly culture and environment.
- Making a difference in your local community.
- A chance to do meaningful work with a committed team of professionals.
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefits package.
- Professional development and growth opportunities
How to Apply:
Apply directly through our WFC website or email your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Heading: Administrative Coordinator: 2019-68
Applications must be legally eligible to work in Canada, only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.